All About Quarles Lubricants
At Quarles, we carry a variety of different lubricant products.
Heavy duty diesel motor oils, passenger car motor oils, industrial oils, and coolants are our main four types of lubricants products. Each one has specific applications and formulations:
Heavy Duty Diesel Motor Oils:
- Application: These motor oils are primarily designed for large, heavy-duty diesel engines found in trucks, buses, construction equipment, and industrial machinery.
- Formulation: Heavy-duty diesel motor oils have robust formulations to withstand the high temperatures, pressures, and stresses that these engines operate under. They often contain additives to enhance wear protection, reduce soot buildup, and maintain engine cleanliness.
- Viscosity: These oils are typically higher in viscosity to provide proper lubrication for larger engine components.
- Service Intervals: Heavy-duty diesel motor oils often have longer service intervals due to the demanding nature of the applications.
Passenger Car Motor Oils:
- Application: These motor oils are designed for use in typical passenger vehicles, including cars and light trucks.
- Formulation: They are formulated to provide excellent fuel efficiency, engine protection, and emissions control for smaller, gasoline-powered engines.
- Viscosity: Passenger car motor oils are typically lighter in viscosity to ensure smoother engine operation in smaller, high-revving engines.
- Service Intervals: Service intervals are generally shorter compared to heavy-duty diesel motor oils.
- Application: Industrial oils cover a broad category of lubricants used in various industrial machinery and equipment, including compressors, hydraulics, gearboxes, and more.
- Formulation: Formulations can vary widely depending on the specific application, with an emphasis on protecting industrial equipment and extending its operational life.
- Viscosity: The viscosity of industrial oils depends on the requirements of the machinery being lubricated.
- Service Intervals: These intervals vary based on the type of machinery and its operating conditions.
- Application: Coolants, or antifreeze, are used in internal combustion engines to regulate engine temperature, prevent overheating, and protect against freezing in cold temperatures.
- Formulation: Coolants are typically a mixture of water and antifreeze additives like ethylene glycol or propylene glycol. These additives provide corrosion protection, temperature control, and freeze protection.
- Viscosity: Coolants are much thinner than oils and are designed to flow easily through the engine’s cooling system.
- Service Intervals: Coolants require periodic replacement or maintenance to ensure they continue to provide effective temperature control and protection.
In summary, each type of lubricant serves a specific purpose and is formulated to meet the unique demands of its respective applications, whether it’s providing engine protection in heavy-duty diesel vehicles, maintaining the performance of passenger cars, ensuring the longevity of industrial machinery, or regulating engine temperature in various applications.
Need quality lubricants at low prices? Quarles can provide. If you’d like to place an order for pickup or delivery you can call 866-953-5823 or fill out this form. If you’re a new customer, you can apply here first.