CONSENT TO ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
This is a web site of Quarles Petroleum, Incorporated (also referred to as “Quarles,” “us,” or “we”). We welcome you to the web site www.quarlesinc.com, and its associated pages (collectively, the “Site”). By submitting an application online to open an account, or by submitting an electronic communication such as a request for e-mail updates, you are affirmatively consenting for us to communicate electronically, according to the following terms (or the “Consent”):
- Categories of Communications You understand and agree that Quarles may electronically provide you with information about your account, including disclosures required by applicable federal or state law (collectively, “Communications”), which may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- An initial disclosure statement or agreement (“Agreement”) governing the account terms and conditions;
- Letters or notices regarding your account, including customer service responses or announcements;
- Other disclosures, notices and communications in connection with the application for, the opening of, maintenance of, or collection of the account. Communications may be sent to your e-mail address. Communications may include your name and information about your account, including your balance or the due date. Electronic Communications may be disclosed to any party that has access to your account, or to your e-mail account, including the hardware and software you use to view your account or e-mail. For example, if you have given someone access to your e-mail, they will be able to view Communications we send to your e-mail account.
- Manner of Consent You understand and agree that by giving your Consent through this Site, you demonstrate that you can access information that we may provide to you by posting electronic Communications on a Site.
- How to Withdraw Consent You may not apply online to open an account, and you may not register for electronic notices, unless you provide your Consent. After you open an account or otherwise register for electronic notices, you may withdraw your Consent by contacting us: Quarles Petroleum, Inc. Attention: Webmaster 1701 Fall Hill Avenue, Suite 200 Fredericksburg, VA 22401 540.371.2400
- Hardware and Software Requirements In order to access and retain Communications, you must have:
- An Internet Browser which supports HTML 4.0 and SSL-encryption, such as Netscape 4.0 or later and Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or later.
- A means to print or store notices and information through your browser software.
- A personal computer or equivalent device capable of connecting to the Internet via dial-up, DSL, Cable Modem, Wireless Access Protocol, or equivalent, and that supports the foregoing requirements.
- Electronic Signatures You understand and agree that by clicking on the “I Agree”, the “Submit,” or similar button on the Site, you are affirmatively indicating your intent to sign and consent to the relevant document or record, and that the act of clicking shall constitute your signature.
- Federal Law You understand and agree that your Consent is being provided in a transaction affecting interstate commerce that is subject to the federal Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act, and that you and Quarles both intend that this Act should apply to the fullest extent possible to validate our ability to conduct business by electronic means.